Decommissioning encompasses all the processes that end with the total shutdown of industrial facilities and plants that have reached the end of their life cycle. With its long experience, Vico can deal with the reclamation and demolition of decommissioned industrial sites of any type and size, working in highly critical areas and with extremely high-profile players. The strengths and distinctive features that make Vico a highly competitive partner are its exclusive, direct control over the entire chain, from the design to the REUSE of materials, while directly monitoring all of the waste management process, from the production to the final disposal, including collection, transport, processing and REUSE.
Vico is a “problem-solving” partner, who steps in knowledgeably, quickly and successfully, in the widest range of situations and places.
Decommissioning may include a number of operations:
- Reclamation of soil and topsoil
- Reclamation of pipes, tanks, plants and equipment
- Demolition of reinforced-concrete facilities
- Demolizione opere in c.a.
- Removal of asbestos-containing materials
- Loading, transport and disposal of waste in licensed dumping grounds